Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Club Tennis

This year is my 1st year playing Club Tennis for Purdue University. I have been playing tennis since I was in Elementary School around the age of 8 years for fun in the Summer and since 12 years old competitively year round. I tried out to be a walk-on for the Purdue Women's Tennis Team in a Tournament on September 11th, 2009 & got to to the Semi Final Round where I lost in 2 sets. They recommended me to play Club Tennis here at Purdue, in which, I had no idea that their was a Club Team until this year. I had missed not playing tennis since my Senior Year in High School & very badly wanted to try playing this year because I think playing a sport in College is a great experience Varsity or Club Team. I practice 3 times a week and have matches on the weekends about twice a month. Their are also sometimes tournaments that come along every couple of months one coming up in November that is in Madison, Wisconsin. I really enjoy playing on the Club Team where I've met a lot of new people and stayed in shape much more this year than years past due to playing tennis. I hope to be successful with my matches, win as many as possible and enjoy my time playing tennis on the courts.

No comments:

Post a Comment