Friday, December 11, 2009

Final Blog Posting!


For my Final Research Poster Presentation I researched Google Voice. Google Voice is newer to the market where you can teach your phone new tricks. Just a few of the things to brush upon with Google Voice is that it includes voicemail like e-mail, call routing, voicemail transcription and is all for free. You can use your existing phone number and get features such as transcribed voicemail online, custom greetings for callers & low cost international calls. If you use your existing phone number it forwards all of your calls when going onto voicemail to a Google number so, it's like Gmail, if you have an existing e-mail that you tell people & get a Gmail account it can forward on the e-mails to the Gmail account. Although, you can just get a Google number & tell people that one & change it to one account that way you don't have two which then becomes confusing. When using just a Google number you can do more with Google Voice & it more simple all around. With a Google number you have one number for all of your phones, get SMS messages via e-mail and block unwanted callers. These are just a few things mentioned that you can do with Google Voice, if you click on the link below you will find out all options that you can come across when using this tool in both ways of using your existing number and a new Google number.

Here is a link to watch videos and see visually how Google Voice actually works: http://www.google.com/googlevoice/about.html

My experience with the audience at the Final Poster Presentation was very enjoyable. I was tweeted about 5 times yesterday and was very pleased with what they had said about me. I interacted with the audience a couple of times more than those 5 times I was tweeted about & talked to as many people as possible there. I explained all about Google Voice & was asked a few questions by some people about the technological tool. It seemed as though their weren't as many people there on Friday as their were there on Monday. I had my picture taken with my poster at the beginning & wasn't graded until the very end & had to stay later than the 50 minutes of class time. Overall, it was a great experience, I learned more of and about technology tools that are being developed and new to the market.

2 comments:

  1. I was really pleased with this Presentation, I hope I did well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed your poster presentation! I've become a huge fan of GoogleVoice!

    ReplyDelete