Wednesday, November 18, 2009

LinkedIn

Last year for my CSR 417 Class, I was required to make a LinkedIn Profile. At first, I had no idea what it was or was about but, after creating one last Spring I realized how popular it was & how much people actually use this Professional Company Social Network. A lot of people find jobs off of this website, talk to people in their company through this or just even find people that they might know from their past and use it like a Facebook. I didn't pay much attention to it after I made it last year & received a grade for making a profile, but after applying to a few jobs this past Fall I have heard of it more & more & decided to clean up & update my profile after hearing of the popularity of it. I think I will use it more in the future for jobs & to communicate with the professional world. I didn't believe the popularity until now when I'm about to face the real world in 6 months and what it entails. I like LinkedIn, it is not as fun as Facebook obviously, but it is a nice social network to use in the professional world.

1 comment: